Today I would like to show you a simple and easy trick to increase the speed of your network with the help of DNS server. Now a question will be arising in your mind that What is a DNS Server? Answer for it is quite simple. Read it below
So In this case We are using the the Google Public DNS server which is more faster and reliable.
Google Public DNS is a Domain Name System(DNS) service offered by Google. It functions as a recursive name server providing domain name resolution for any host on the Internet. The service was announced on 3 December 2009, in an effort described as “making the web faster and more secure”. As of 2014, Google Public DNS is the largest public DNS service in the world, handling 400 billion requests per day.
Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the following IP addresses 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 for IPv4 service, as well as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844, for Ipv6 access.The addresses are mapped to the nearest operational server by anycast routing.
>> So For this Google DNS server trick you’ll only need a computer and an internet connection. Read the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel from the start( Search control Panel in the search bar)
2. Open Network and Internet option on the box that pop ups.
3. Under the Network and Sharing center You could see an option named View Network Status and Tasks. Just Click on it.
4. You could see a box named connections(Local Area Network) near the Active networks. Click on that.
5. Now click on the properties at the bottom.
6. Now Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.
7. Now at the bottom in Prefered DNS Server type 22.214.171.124
8. Now in Alternate DNS Server type 126.96.36.199 and press Ok.
9.Now go back the Local Area Connection properties and click on Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPV4) and click on properties.
10. Now at the bottom you can see 2 box with names Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS Sever
Type 2001:4860:4860::8888 in the Preferred DNS Server box and 2001:4860:4860::8844 in the Alternate DNS Server box and click Ok.
11. And You are done. Happy Browsing
If you are facing any problem regarding this post. Then feel free to email me.